I know this is a belated post, but I shall make it anyway. And I'm going to try changing my style of posting, from now onwards. All right, let's get started with the day -
On the Eleventh of August, we've celebrated the birthday of two awesome men, whom I have started calling birdudes, because they love to call each other "Bird" and they're dudes, right? Indeed, I don't really know why they've used that term of all animals, and words, but it somehow seemed to have affected everyone like a contagious disease. And everyone has started to use "What the bird", "Bird", etc.
Anyway, it was my first-ever trip to a Vegetarian joint, and to my astonishment, the dishes were absolutely delicious. Or maybe, I can't find a better word to describe it due to my awesome deteriorating English after joining Best World. However, it was really palatable and tastes true to its image.
From the above, there were chicken / pork chops lookalikes, but they were actually mushroom based, a fried promfet fish lookalike, but actually being seaweed, and sharkfin soup which really tasted almost like it, and the list goes on.
Through the present-giving, I'm more than relieved that Henry has appreciated the gift I've passed him, and him even wearing the shirt on Chris (aka Yok Cheong)'s concert day (which took place yesterday). Indeed, he looked good with the white based, red and navy blue checkered shirt. But please don't get me wrong, I don't like him in that sense, I just like to make observations.
Here's the gift I got for him by the way (:
(he isn't wearing it yet, because this was taken on eleventh august)
Adding on, I was also happy with Shawn that he got something that he wanted, which was a tablet for watching movies and his Korean music videos while being in GNOC (I honestly don't know why that building has this such weird name), working for Fuji Xerox. Indeed, that enclosed place could do some entertainment as such.
Just nice, Shawn's girlfriend of eight years, brought over a cake for their advanced celebration. So the birdudes were making their respective wishes and blowing the candle (:
Going further, we headed for the Gardens by the Bay. Finally some place we had planned to head for since two months back. Indeed, it was a great eye-opener with vast greenery, breathtaking skyview while being on the overhead snake-looking bridge linking two super-trees, and the fusion of multi-racial gardens with flower-lookalike super trees. They complement so well with Marina Bay Sands and Singapore Flyer. The only thing which I found, to be a pity, was that we didn't get a chance to head for the cloud forest and flower dome, which cost a hefty fee of twenty bucks. I honestly don't know whether it's worth the money at the moment, but I was told by Regina it was. Till then, I've yet to make any judgement.
Just as above, here's just a group photo of us enjoying the happy day through the Gardens by the Bay trip (:
_________________________________________________________________________________
On the Eighteenth of August, some of us had attended Chris's concert at Singapore Polytechnic's Convention Centre. Indeed, that part of the school hasn't changed much, on the condition of the overall look. The only thing I started getting appalled with was that the air conditioning was much worse than before. How disappointing.
Anyway, the concert was all right. The dancers were apparently overthrowing the vocalists through the whole musical. The vocalists apparently either had little rehearsing or having stage frights of nervousness during the whole three-hour performance. But still, good. Just something random, I've just realised Chris has been dressing much better than before, and he's become a happier person, especially when Hui Li's presence was there while giving that bouquet of flowers (we shared it!) to him after the performance. How loving. I'm glad that he's happy though, nonetheless.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Through the days between these two dates that I've just posted, things haven't been going well for these same people in the clique. So this is just a portion dedicated to them.
Meeting with an adversity is inevitable, the road through the difficult journey is never with an even ground, the journey is never an easy one. I'm praying really hard and hoping that every wound will heal, every issue to subside with time, and to make wise decisions through the difficult journey of arguments. I don't want to be judgemental or take sides, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these issues will settle naturally like how the dark clouds lighten to become the white clouds you see the sky after the rain.


No comments:
Post a Comment