15 June 2014

June, The Men's Limelight

June. - The month that is dedicated to the men-in-armour who have made great impacts to our lives by enrichment, encouragement, strength, love and faithfulness. 

For the first (and I don't know whether it will be the last) post of this month to thank two great men, who have indeed, impacted me with the above-mentioned qualities: 
  1. My Own Dad 
    The man I've been seeing for twenty-four-and-a-half years of my life. Let me be honest, as I grow older, I have lesser to thank him for. I don't understand why my sisters have truckloads to thank for, but I've got almost nothing, because all I almost remember is that he likes to make me feel like crap. But grudges aside, let me wreck my brains to express my deeply-hidden thanks:

    Thank you for raising me up to survive in this world, even when I thought I'd died on February Nineteenth, Twenty-Twelve, for the worst relapse on my own mind-revolving earth.
    Thank you for the selflessness to ride me everywhere, even when it hinders you from earning more money, as you think love and thoughtfulness from yourself and God rule over money.
    Thank you for the indirect worries / nagging / scolding / concern, even when I find it annoying to get reminded that I'm not as energetic and healthy, but actually disciplining me to take care of myself.

  2. Michael Cheng 
    The man that I've been raving about in my blog quite often, and to some of my friends (you know who you are, keke); he's also the almost-white skinned, geeky cantonese male or the 老顽童 that I'd brought up in past posts. Anyway, the reason why I've decided to reveal his name is for his resignation from the company; he's no longer my colleague, but just platonic friends.

    Even though I have only talked to him on close contact terms for almost one year, but it seemed much longer than that; perhaps it's because of that "instant connection" we shared. All the blah aside, let me express my thanks (I'll put this in Traditional Chinese, to reminisce his presence in Best World):

    感謝你(在我最想放棄的時刻)為我加油打氣。
    感謝你(在我最失落的時刻)恢復我的自信心。
    感謝你(在我脾氣最暴躁的時刻)的無限忍耐。
    感謝你(在我最心煩意亂的時刻)当虛擬聽者。
    感謝你(在我最需要“大笑“的時刻)逗我開心。
    六月十三號已過了,但我還是接受不了你離開公司的事實;

    你一直為我加油打氣,要我留在公司,不要辭職,結果你也是比我早走。
Here, again, I'll like to express my thanks to both of you, though you both definitely won't read this blog. But still, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY (to the former) & HAPPY MEN'S MONTH (to the latter) 

No comments:

Post a Comment