Just to make some updates through March:
Third of March: Finally I've got a new mobile phone (with my own money of course) and I'm kind of happy with it even though the battery life is kind of.. not that great. I still don't know whether I'd have got a Samsung Note II instead of my current Sony Xperia Z. Anyway, my current new mobile baby's name is Royaline (as purple is for royalty, and I'd declared it female) [I know that is random]
Eighth of March: For the first time ever, I'd an outing with my colleagues for dinner at Marina Bay Sands' Au Chocolat. This is kind of a rare thing I'd do, since I try not to get so chummy with colleagues unless I feel that they're trustable enough to keep my personal issues as a secret.
Anyway, here are some pictures during the dinner:
Dinner clique, but where's Vicki (the main organiser)? She was the one taking this picture. Let me find a great picture of her and add it here on her credit.
Here's the main organiser that I should give credit to. Her name's Vicki and she just loves cheesecakes more than anything. Hoho.
Egg Benedict with bacon and truckloads of egg and I-forgot-what-else. This was their supposedly famous dish, but it ain't really my favourite.
This is their all famous Truffle Fries. This was totally the bomb. Addictive and the taste is just nice, not too salty and it does not have the "eat until you're sick and tired" kind of sensation.
Duck Confit. Hmm, I'm a great fan of duck, meat was tender and it was awesome. I guess this is my favourite among the main courses I'd shared with the others.
The roast chicken with mashed potatoes. This was good too, surprisingly, the chicken was tender (unlike those you buy from cold storage with no gravy and whatnot). I love this too, but hmm, I'll really be in a dilemma of what favourite I'd, but as I'm a lover of duck, the confit is still better.

The Au Chocolat's Tower Cake. This is sinful, great for sharing and ones who love chocolate cakes and all types of other chocolate related goodies. It has don't-know-how-many tiers of chocolate and it has chocolate balls inside. It's the bomb nonetheless. (P.S. don't eat this too often, I'm betting that you'll get sick of it once you do so)
3. Fifteenth of March: My first meeting with the Group Manager of Branding & Design (all by myself). The reason I'd this meeting was because of the promise I'd made to monitor a colleague of mine through her project of DR's Secret (my MLM company's brand) labels. It had been two months, and I found almost no progress, hence I'd no choice but to report what I'd seen with my own eyes and my views.
Even though this particular colleague of mine was someone I get along so well with, but I knew I had to be professional and stand up for my views in her progress. However, I never knew things would go to an extent that she's close to getting the boot off the company. I never want my own critiques to make a colleague, let alone her, to get fired just for saying my views on performance. This is the first time I'd made an evaluation for a colleague, and naturally, I knew I had to professional and spare any biasness towards anyone in the company.
But now, I'm feeling so guilty when I'd learnt that she may get the boot if she doesn't improve within the next week that the Group Manager had granted. I really hope she won't bear any grudges against me *keeps my fingers crossed*
Till then, I'll try to get this blog alive and stepping as I don't use the laptop as often as before. Maybe it's just the exhaustion of being addicted to the computer after work (which makes me look at the computer screen for 8 hours each on every weekday).






No comments:
Post a Comment