Since it gave such big impact to my book of memories, I decided to pen down into a recount for reading purposes.
It all started with one dark and tranquil night, when I was in a call with a girlfriend (let's call her R) talking about our next meetup. Halfway through our hyped up conversation, she received a Facebook message from a unknown mature lady (let's call her JF), regarding her boyfriend (let's call him JM).
Soon after, the mini confrontation started.
JF, "I've seen your pictures with JM. Are you two... friends?"
R, "No. He's my boyfriend."
JF, "It can't be.. You both have broken up in 2013."
R, "How did you know? But we just made up beginning of this year. How are you related to him?"
JF, "I'm his girlfriend for five years."
Her head went dizzy, her voice froze in shock. She was dumbfounded. She was at such a loss that she had to hang up my phone call, and sleep over the incident. That's when our phone conversation stopped.
The next morning, she numbed herself up, plucked some courage, and asked JF one last question, "Make me believe you. Send me a picture as proof."
True enough, within less than half an hour, the evidence came. A photo of JM and JF sleeping together on the same bed at a hotel within the country.
A shocked and infuriated R, she immediately dialed JM's mobile number and confronted him, "I received a photograph of you and JF. What have you to say?"
JM replied, "It's such a long time ago."
R added, "When was that? Why did you not tell me any of this?"
He made a long pause.
He then confessed, "It was back at 2013, when we first broke up."
Upon hearing this, R hung up the call without saying goodbye, holding the anticipation that JM will send a remorseful text or give a call with his apology. But nothing came. Even waiting was fruitless.
She then realised that last call marked the end of their six-year relationship.
This whole incident left her heartbroken and devastated. Her only glimmer of hope for having a partner who loved and embraced her wholeheartedly is starting to dim.
Days passed, she spent all her time with her family, friends and career to bring warmth to her numb heart. She felt so much better during those times. But little did she expect, JF contacted her again.
JF, "R, I have some things to tell you. Just hear me out."
After her persistent pleading, R gave in, and decided to listen to what she had to say. And so, JF started to share stories, like JM being a money scammer, and cheating other ladies of their money, to spend on car trading, soccer betting, and perhaps many others that none of them knew of.
Halfway through that story, R recalled lending him ten thousand dollars for his education and rental fees, when he was stone broke; this story left her feeling sceptical, wondering whether those reasons of his were actually real.
Once again, she fell back to sadness, and cried her heart out and slept through a full day after that telephone conversation.
After that, she spent some time engaging in heart-to-heart talks with her family, friends and colleagues; thankfully, they were more than willing to be her listening ears, and warmly consoling her where it deemed fit. These really helped to recover her broken heart way quicker than expected.
Two days ago, we just met up and her face was in all-smiles, enjoying our outing like the earlier times before meeting JM. I was happy too, it's like a wish coming true after years of her scringing her savings just for a jerk like JM. We had heart-to-heart talks, watched musicals like how we did back in Katong Convent, eating sumptuous food without making second consideration of splurging. We even went to her house to kill our time in fixing childhood Lego after that.
For that whole day, she was ever-smiling, even though there was a tinge of brokenness, secretly questioning herself for lack of love luck. But I know it's normal, as the breakup had barely been a month ago.
But I know she's moving on.
And I can definitely say, from the bottom of my heart, I'm glad.
This whole incident left her heartbroken and devastated. Her only glimmer of hope for having a partner who loved and embraced her wholeheartedly is starting to dim.
Days passed, she spent all her time with her family, friends and career to bring warmth to her numb heart. She felt so much better during those times. But little did she expect, JF contacted her again.
JF, "R, I have some things to tell you. Just hear me out."
After her persistent pleading, R gave in, and decided to listen to what she had to say. And so, JF started to share stories, like JM being a money scammer, and cheating other ladies of their money, to spend on car trading, soccer betting, and perhaps many others that none of them knew of.
Halfway through that story, R recalled lending him ten thousand dollars for his education and rental fees, when he was stone broke; this story left her feeling sceptical, wondering whether those reasons of his were actually real.
Once again, she fell back to sadness, and cried her heart out and slept through a full day after that telephone conversation.
After that, she spent some time engaging in heart-to-heart talks with her family, friends and colleagues; thankfully, they were more than willing to be her listening ears, and warmly consoling her where it deemed fit. These really helped to recover her broken heart way quicker than expected.
Two days ago, we just met up and her face was in all-smiles, enjoying our outing like the earlier times before meeting JM. I was happy too, it's like a wish coming true after years of her scringing her savings just for a jerk like JM. We had heart-to-heart talks, watched musicals like how we did back in Katong Convent, eating sumptuous food without making second consideration of splurging. We even went to her house to kill our time in fixing childhood Lego after that.
For that whole day, she was ever-smiling, even though there was a tinge of brokenness, secretly questioning herself for lack of love luck. But I know it's normal, as the breakup had barely been a month ago.
But I know she's moving on.
And I can definitely say, from the bottom of my heart, I'm glad.
All is well, I hope.
ReplyDelete