
It's so hard to write, but..
Bijou has passed on.
In novels, people write eulogies in memory of their deceased loved ones; I thought and felt that I should write one too, to commemorate the memories with Bijou, who had been with me through half my current age, or slightly more.
And so I've decided to write a poem to dedicate to her, based on my impression of watching her through her living years and times with the family.
Your Paw Prints
When you were into the month,
we see and brought you into our loving family.
You, our precious fluffy little one
an animal treasured like expensive jewelry.
When you were into your tots,
we see you as a ball of hyperactivity.
You, running so fast that things collapse,
an animal with high levels of curiosity.
When you were into your childhood,
we see you yearning for attention.
You, nudging people as much as you could,
an animal always wanting a companion.
When you were into your adulthood,
we see you craving and loving to eat.
You, always eyeing for food,
an animal always expecting a feast.
When you were into your older years,
we see you go through a tribulation.
You, going for tests and surgeries,
an animal with such strong determination.
When you were into recovery,
we see you roaming around the house.
You, getting back to normal,
an animal who is a great survivor!
When you were into an even older age,
we see you sleeping more often.
You, your breaths so soft,
an animal striving to live till the call from heaven.
We named you Bijou.
Our house is a treasure chest full of you.
We buried her at a place near home, just to have that feel that we're always nearby for each other. She had lived with our family for so long. And now I'm even missing her presence as I type this blog post.
There's just a sense of something missing in the house,
like a void within an enclosed space.
If she was still alive, her everyday will be roaming around the house, entering people's rooms like an inspector out of curiosity and napping periods. She will hang around the corridor area to play with her stuffed toys, biting violently and running around with them in her mouth (she had ripped some along her years). Then, she will go the kitchen area when she's hungry and thirsty, and the restroom for toilet breaks.
I will almost respond to every scratching-alike sounds as she would always do in mornings after her toilet break, or will open the door extra gently so that it won't bump onto her. Her little sleeping tubs, toys and favourite snacks are even still around the house as mementos.
People always say passing away is an inevitable phase of life, and they're at a better place, away from old age and pain. I don't really like hearing such phrases for it would hurt so much, just thinking why she would pass that soon, despite pampering her like how parents would for their babies.
But I got reminded of a quote from a novel that I'd read relating to cope with grief from death of someone close to your heart,
There's just a sense of something missing in the house,
like a void within an enclosed space.
If she was still alive, her everyday will be roaming around the house, entering people's rooms like an inspector out of curiosity and napping periods. She will hang around the corridor area to play with her stuffed toys, biting violently and running around with them in her mouth (she had ripped some along her years). Then, she will go the kitchen area when she's hungry and thirsty, and the restroom for toilet breaks.
I will almost respond to every scratching-alike sounds as she would always do in mornings after her toilet break, or will open the door extra gently so that it won't bump onto her. Her little sleeping tubs, toys and favourite snacks are even still around the house as mementos.
People always say passing away is an inevitable phase of life, and they're at a better place, away from old age and pain. I don't really like hearing such phrases for it would hurt so much, just thinking why she would pass that soon, despite pampering her like how parents would for their babies.
But I got reminded of a quote from a novel that I'd read relating to cope with grief from death of someone close to your heart,
If you think about someone you've loved and lost, you are already with them. The rest is just details.
- Leaving Time, Jodi Picoult
No comments:
Post a Comment