15 February 2011

Roses are red, but they can be blue too!

It was St. Valentine's Day yesterday;
And frankly speaking, it really wasn't just another day, like how I've put it across at the last blogpost. In fact, people (or rather colleagues at BWI) were feeling really enthusiastic for the whole time. Most of them really dressed very nicely (that may just include myself).

Oh by the way, that enthusiasm actually includes during working hours - Guess why? 'Cause our office's partially used for filming by Mediacorp artistes - &of all things, used as a police station - when my company's a.. Health and Wellness company. So weird. Anyway, through the two days of their filming during the early afternoons, we've seen Chen Shu Cheng, Jesseca Liu, Thomas Ong and Christopher Lee already. Some of the colleagues actually went to "chiong" like typical fan girls to take photos with them. Totally laughable.

Apparently, my colleagues are also excited to spend the valentine's day with their loved ones, and didn't even have overtime for working. Or even better, we actually ended slightly before time, and the bus left as early as five minutes past six (which is rather miraculous actually). Well, I guess people are just rushing off to receive their husbands' / boyfriends' love, with gifts, roses & affection. There was even a bouquet of roses in my office for my department colleague on Monday, and another bouquet for a different colleague (but in the same department) today. Both were in red & white though. Really coincidental and sweet. But well, that's the beauty of surprises on an occasion like valentine's day.

But, even though they've their red roses, but I'm not jealous. I've had my share of valentine's day as well! :D &It was equally good, if not, better than theirs! I'll definitely show some pictures we've taken along this blogpost, all were taken at Hard Rock Cafe, other than the rose part - 'Cause I only got it, when I was very near my place (or you could say, literally "home" [downstairs my place]).

My valentine's day (as you all have already known) was a let-your-hair-down-and-relieve-yourself gathering at town straight after work for the majority of us at Hard Rock Cafe (a regular hangout that we patronise). There were a couple of birthday adults there, but it wasn't as great as the one when Adrienne's birthday was on. I still actually remember, drinking something from a straw so far away. Epically funny. Anyway, food was good, drinks were good, company was excellent.

Some of the pictures are as shown below:



Oh, just outside the topic of my great time with the bbgs (bangbanggirls for short) - I actually received roses from Mr. blue-rose-man. Erm, well, I won't really like to reveal who he is right here, but still thanks for the extra work you've done just to get such blue, dreamy, roses like those. Okay, well if you're wondering why, 'cause my favourite colour is blue :D



To add, thanks for the other gift you've passed me as well.. I've totally not expected it coming from you at all, but well, thanks a whole load for it.

But little did I thought; As I've just discovered today, blue roses actually mean unattainable and impossible. That sounds really depressing, but it's the heart that counts much more right? Okay well, I actually didn't really care about the "significance", until my colleague(s) brought it up when Cordelia received her pot of roses (unexpectedly, she says) on her office desk. They were literally thinking of the meaning behind having given 16 stalks of red roses. Lol, totally dumb, but kindof cute at the same time. I've really youthful-at-heart colleagues there at Best World Int'l!
___________

You know, I actually went to think about it;

What if I've actually accepted some of the dates I have been called or booked for, instead of going for the bbgs gathering to havoc my ass out?

The last valentine's day I've had was two years ago. It wasn't really extremely successful 'cause we'd quarrelled the night before, which kindof affected the way we've behaved, and having a lightbulb towards the end, made it a little awkward too. But most importantly, we were still in love. So it's okay :)

Since then, I haven't really officially dated.

Speaking about it, yeah, he actually wished me happy valentine's! (: and there are some others as well, totally appreciated them. Hope you've enjoyed yourselves well :D

Well, the next valentine's day will be better, or rather, hope so.


P.S Happy belated valentine's to all of you :DD

No comments:

Post a Comment