May has
definitely got to be the most emotional month for me as this is when I’d fallen
rock bottom, having thrown away my self-esteem, my cheerfulness, and everything
positive to my medical condition. But this year has changed. I’m trying to make
steps to get back the things I’d thrown on this same day and month of last
year.
It has been
a year since I’d been diagnosed with “Epilepsy”. If you don’t know what it is,
I’ll tell you, it’s a brain disorder that causes a person to have recurring
seizures. Fortunately, for me, I have not felt any symptom of getting it. I am
trying really hard to not give myself any unnecessary pressure, or feeling
unnecessary negativity.
It has been
four (or was it two) since I’d fallen out of a relationship. I know it’s not
something to be proud of, but it has shown, through everything, that I’ve
been trying to move on progressively and healing my old wounds. That is to
forgive myself for my past mistakes and not repeat them, to anticipate for the
better future without looking back and losing faith.
I’m
twenty-three, and I do not see marriage in my journal of life, at least not
within the three years ahead. It’s not that I hadn’t tried dating or liking
someone, but apparently, I still cannot make myself to trust wholeheartedly, to
fall in love without hesitation, and to open my heart freely like how I can
type this blog post on my computer except without the autocorrect function.
Some of my
friends are already mothers at a young tender age like mine or slightly younger/older,
and some already married or getting engaged. I don’t deny that there’s a pinch
of envy that goes through me like electricity in a closed circuit, but I always
believe in the saying,
“God has
planned something great for me, and patience does its wonders for those who
wait.”
As I type
this blog post, I think of many things that happened or those feelings that I’d
missed or have been missing.
It’s
apparently the countdown of the number of people resigning from the company I’m
currently working at, the thirst of pursuing something I’d once wanted to,
which is to study business and get into a position such that I’d bring the
future company I work in to greater heights. The thirst to get out of my
current position with believably no prospects and the little pay I’m receiving.
To add into
the pain, my dad is giving indirect pressure of the discrimination of companies
not hiring epileptics because some thinking that it will not contribute to
greater productivity, which in turn, not bring the company to greater heights.
No matter how much I try to voice out, he just will not listen, and I’m
starting to get tired of listening and want to fight back for my own rights.
To further
add on, just yesterday, while working in an extremely cold air-conditioned
office, I actually missed this feeling of warmth that could only be got by
holding a pair of big and gentle hands that could fit so well. This was missed
so much that I stoned for a couple of minutes through my work and
subconsciously held out my freezing-cold right hand just to feel that memory in
full force, when you are so far away from me.
However, I
want to say thanks for the people who cheered me on through this month so far,
and I promise every single one of you that I’ll definitely get out of this black hole and recover.
I love you ~~~ *waves the signature hand gesture that my current company always does*
Till I start penning down my next post, I hope this month
will get better J
No comments:
Post a Comment