16 October 2013

mid-october pitstop

Hi, I'm back again. It's been about half a month since my last blog post. Well, that's because I had no occasion to pen down about and was pretty upset over a couple of things.

Well, let me just be optimistic and put the main highlight for the month and will put the negative one(s) in another separate post. This will most likely be of an amended date to be earlier than this one.

12th October 2013; it was Joanne's (a girl I knew back from secondary school, that was about seven years ago) birthday gathering. She's someone that I've been talking to quite often since two months ago.

Let me just side-track a little bit, that brings me to wonder whether I'm the person who is the relationship counsellor and am still single. I actually really think so. Ah, whatever.

Back to the gathering, we hit for Bene Spaghetti for dinner & to be honest, the food was all right (I mean above average) & palatable. The steamed pasta was something unique, not bad, but I think I should explore more of their food next time. Their service was almost beyond my expectations though.

Nonetheless, here are some pictures during the gathering :)

Here's a picture of the birthday girl. Well, here again, happy belated birthday dearie.

















Some pictures of the food :)

















Here's the steamed pasta that I'd eaten. The blue crab, scallop (and seafood) pasta with creamy tomato sauce. By right, it was supposed to be the "Tomato Miso Sauce", but the restaurant apparently ran out of it. Admittedly, I was a tad disappointed with that; I mean, you have that in your menu but the main sauce to it is gone. That's totally illogical, but well.... Whatever. It still tasted good, or rather, at least good enough for my taste-buds :)

















I'm actually quite an avid fan of tiramisu and they had their homemade version in their set menu. Hence, I actually got the opportunity to take bites of it. Well, I like it though, except the sweetness is not that great. I think that can be improved.

















Here's a picture of the cake that was given by one of her friends (who didn't turn up in the end -.-). Swissbake. Raspberry & Chocolate. To be honest, the cake isn't entirely my cup of tea. I think the ones from Canele are much better.

Well, those of the above-mentioned were actually not the main thing of why I'd enjoyed myself so much. The actual one is that, there were this quite-big group of Japanese expats who entered the restaurant and they had three people who had the same birthday. They just kept on singing the birthday song, and got drunk along the way. That totally cracked us up.

On another note, here's one of the Japanese men who'd come to our seating area just for fun.



So cute right. HAHAHA.

Anyway, here's the group photo to end everything off before a whole time of aimless walking and leaving for home.

















All in all, the company was relatively great, except that there were a little bit of crack-ups towards the end of it, which of course I don't want to bring up.

In the meantime, I shall anticipate for the next birthday plan that is coming in the beginning of November :)

Toodles one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment