16 August 2018

Journey through Nostalgia.

I had an impromptu meetup with Germaine just the night before for a dinner and chat. Halfway through, we subconsciously got into the topic of our late teenage times. Those days when we were more carefree, that we could almost take life for granted, putting aside the world for enjoyment.

We talked through the journey of our wildest memories, when we spent so much time together; we looked through my older blog, the place where I penned down for the future, like now, to look back and reminisce. There were posts of happiness, laughter, sadness, but most of all, nostalgia.

After that whole outing, we both headed home with an enthusiasm of reading through those posts to lift our moods in face of our moments of childishness, fun and freedom, to laugh and smile through those times. There were even many photographs to commemorate those memories, which really added on to the punch of nostalgia.

The happier parts were certainly the times when the bonds between friends were much closer, which could even go to the extent of not returning home till much later at night. The times when we all celebrated every occasion and outing together without caring much of the world.

The sadder parts were the brokenness I'd experienced through failed relationships, especially the one I had once dated, who I could not really show my freest self to. The one that my family really disliked, and still went on, despite not being able to find any good qualities about him that impressed them.

I decided to be adventurous and looked through more posts that expressed much more of that torturous love, and how I wrote on that longing to try over and make amends, which sadly, I couldn't. I even compared them with his blog to made sure we were once on the same page of how much we longed for each other through months, or even years, of push and pull, of slashing each other's hearts endlessly with the sharpest knives we had on hand.

But I am glad it's through these moments of wild enthusiasm and brokenness that made me start finding my true self. I admit I have changed a lot through the years, good and bad, but all are to make sure I am mentally in place and not to break down so easily for the mind that I need to cope through right now and for the long run.
_______

Memories are like a lifetime's worth of stories
Smiles are like a lifetime's worth of sunshine
Frowns are like a lifetime's worth of thunderstorms
Tears are like a lifetime's worth of rainfall

No matter which phase of life we're at, there will always be a tinge of joy, and a tinge of agony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment