5 May 2019

Reconnecting: To Forgive & Let Go.

I like to look through Facebook Memories to relieve nostalgia, to see how I've grown and changed as an individual since I've started using my current account.

After months of keeping mum, I've have been seeing comments from a particular male someone (whom I believe, was once close to me) that aroused my curiosity.

And I start asking myself,
How bad was the situation that caused the distancing? 

(I admit that I do recall now, but I'm not going to type it here as it's a personal issue. Please respect me on this. Thank you.)

For years, I've been telling myself constantly that forgiving and letting go is the best way to move forward. This quote from The Shack greatly reminds me of how forgiveness relates with letting go.
Forgiveness is not about forgetting. It is about letting go of another person's throat.
If you know me well, I'm someone who forgives but does not forget. I always put this self-reminder back at my last job, to try making myself master the skill of forgetting (but have yet to grasp it).
Be the greater one to forgive.
Be the nicer one to forget. 
A month ago, we reconnected and started talking almost like nothing happened. It has been a long time since I'd felt such chemistry with someone.

Nevertheless, I still fear a catastrophic occurrence will happen, that could possibly trigger a bad epileptic episode. It's not that I don't have faith in him as an individual, but just want to be careful with my next steps, through whatever relationship that we might share in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment