17 January 2011

my birthday week! :)

I'm Gillian Gan, an officially twentyone year old adult since January Fourteenth - I'm now wearing a key necklace around my neck, indicating my "freedom" through life. My mother would like to say I don't behave like one, but the truth is, I don't really show a mature side of myself around most people - 'Cause I cater to a certain level for friends that I hang out with, and depending on situation.

My birthday break from work's coming to an end. I feel happy, yet, the certain lack of a full happiness from the family at my end. Basically, something cropped up at the family sector, and I don't want to bring it up - Apparently that totally crashed my Fourteenth January down to bottomless pit. My mother and I, in fact, were in a cold war until today, when she actually had no choice but to ask some shit from me to figure out a Germanium soap back at Rivervale Mall. Damn stupid, but yes. I know.

On a lighter note, I've had cooler dates (or gatherings) for the twelfth, thirteenth, fourteenth (towards the night time), fifiteenth and later today (sixteenth). They were all really quite a blast, I think.

Basically I'll comb down from twelfth all the way to sixteenth.

Twelfth was basically my last day of work at comgateway, and it was goodbye to the data entry clerk position - Goodbye Jaszerina, Guohao, Samantha, Bing Quan and Shelly. Though I didn't get to see Guohao on the last day, but oh well - I was there in fact, for only a week. Nevertheless, I've promised Shelly that I'd drop by comGateway soon. Maybe I shall do that when I'm going Tanjong Pagar or something :) heehee. I will definitely miss the slackness there though (for it's the own-time-own-target kindof lunch timing and going-home time as long as you finish your work), but I know I can never work there long-term, 'cause what future will or can data entry actually bring you?
I still want to study after working at Best World. 

After that, I headed down to Tampines to catch up with Gary - &Apparently, this emphasis must be added here - He literally made me wait for him, when I mentioned that he should (no, must) be earlier than me (the birthday girl). But sadly, I still waited - For at least fifteen minutes. Nevertheless, I had NYDC and headed down to Eunos to collect his gift for me (which was the cake), and a mini collage of photos he's made for me. There will be pictures as shown after this extract for January Twelfth. Seriously, I've not expected that kindof mini surprise for him - Nevertheless, thanks for everything, I really appreciate it!

&So we homed after that mini surprise. Here are some pictures for the twelfth:




Thirteenth was basically the next working day that I slept through the morning to wake up in the afternoon. It seemed really draggy, but anyway - I ended up following as scheduled - Meeting up with Shawn, Germaine, and Chris for a second round gathering of "death". 6th January was "Smash Me", 13th January became "Spray Me". Anyway, it's not that bad to be punked! totally through that whole birthday thingy after all - 'Cause that will have to go to show that I'm appreciated, twentyone, rated and legal. Lol, so why not enjoy getting punked! while I only turn twenty-one once in my life? I'm going to get older after this day. I'm already twentyone and two days old, and am counting through the days and hours that I'm growing older.

I'll show some pictures of "Spray Me" when Shawn has uploaded the pictures (in fact he has). At the meantime, I'll just show you how wet I've got after the waterbombs, and how I've had a mini-cake at McCafe after all the massive "killings". Oh well, thanks all of you friends for the surprise and everything :) Shawn, if you're reading this - You owe me my birthday present, you promised! :)




Fourteenth was basically supposed to be my biggest day of life, which is to officially turn into an adult of twentyone years old. First I definitely have to thank my parents for giving that hundred bucks ang pow (though I think personally it'll be better with more). Anyway, my mother destroyed my short-lived happiness into pieces when she thought I lied to her about not telling that I had something on, which I did. I told her I need to go comgateway to collect my pay, and I told her I may be heading out with a friend after. But of course, like she'd always say - I'm lying my way through life. Anyway, fuck it - I've got my pay, and am contented with that threehundred plusplus pay for a week's work at comgateway!

Anyway, thankfully, while going out alone - I've actually realised how concern my sister was. Lol, despite I not replying, I really appreciated that text. You know, I literally cried / teared through my train rides here and there. From Eunos to Tanjong Pagar, and from Tanjong Pagar to Somerset, just to go do my own errands and soothe my aching heart. To add, Bradley actually found me at town - &then again, I went to chill with FINALLY-SATISFIED haagen dazs ice-cream - two scoops get one scoop free promotion. &Indeed, having ice-cream did make me feel better. Heehee.

&To my most pleasant surprise, he actually wished me happy birthday! Thanks a lot (: [you know who you are], you really made my bitterness fade away for that instant.

Fifteenth was the gathering with the bangbang girlies and "lil' brother" for my twentyfirst. The outing started with Charmaine and myself having went to catch the new movie, Burlesque, starring Cher and Christina Aguilera. The movie was exceptionally good man, like really! Anyone needs a watching companion for the movie, I don't mind second timers! :) Anyway, the soundtrack was really good, and I just got it from Ying Kai today! Just so you know, I've been listening to those songs for two days already. Lovely songs, totally lovely.

The dinner started with it being at brotzeit, and we had all-craved pork knuckle - &THE NICE NICE FRIED CAMEMBERT CHEESE. Although I really dislike cheese sometimes, but for once, that one was really good - Especially with the cranberry sauce! It was totally the bomb. Anyway, that was really dinner for contentment :) To add, I finally bought the backless bra from M&S, and it went down into further promotion! Thank goodness I didn't buy it when it was 35bucks, now it's 25bucks. What a steal right, compared to usual price of 59bucks!

We just cabbed home after. The party was good, but we had little pictures taken though.

I shall show the polaroid shots and one final one :) &Here are some of the pictures:




Sixteenth was just a little catch up with Ying Kai; we dinnered, walked around bedok point, had hong kong dessert, chatted through downstairs my place and passed me the Burlesque OST from his thumbdrive to my laptop. How lovely, now I can listen to the soundtrack anytime! &The wind was really enjoyable at my place. By the way, I really love windy days. I love the wind before rain even more, after the rain is good too.

Oh, you know what - I was really greedy, and had another meal of dinner when I got home 'cause it was my favourite chicken curry that my mother was cooking today! :) It was together with turnips and saffron rice. ^^

Oh yes, on a lighter note, I and my mother are no longer on a cold war shit (although I'm still feeling fucked up over the incident). Just so you know, I'm still angry with her okay, a little bit though. Oh well, I don't care anymore.

Now that I've reached seventeenth January midnight - From later at 0900hours, I've got to become like an adult and work through my heart, mind and soul out to become a real genuine workaholic-to-be adult in the workforce. I'm going to work as a Product Development Officer at Best World International (if some of you didn't know). This job has got onto my hands since the end of last week, and I'm really happy of my own efforts paying off, after going for many interviews in the West and not to any avail. In fact, I've ended up getting one near to the comfort of my own home, and travelling need not kill me (example would be travelling from Eunos to Buona Vista, and still needing to take a bus to NUS).

My birthday week's come to an end, and I'm starting to feel the toll of myself being a real adult now. Nevertheless, thanks for all the birthday wishes that every single one of you have wished me (no matter whether it was text message, msn message, phonecall or facebook wall posts). I really appreciate it all, and the gifts that some of you have prepared. Thanks very much! :)


P.S I think I need a haircut, my hair's getting too fluffy, and my fringe's growing long already! Now my birthday week's officially over, welcome my working life! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment