16 May 2011

25th - BWI's convention experience :)

FINALLY, I'M FREE AND ENERGETIC ENOUGH TO MAKE A POST HERE :D 

Since I haven't been uploading any pictures of myself in a long time, I shall upload a little something, so here's myself with my "Beautiful Day" tag! (:


The all-awaited biggest event at Best World is finally over. It was heck of an exhausting recent week. Everyone was getting their hands on packing things for convention, preparing for convention, and whatever related to convention.

The convention, as a first timer there, it was really exciting at some parts. We did sales, introduction of products, talkshows, and even had staff luncheon and functional dinner. It was really a big event for the company, because it's Happiest Twenty-first birthday to Best World, as it hits into the second decade; &thinking about it, it's the same age as me, what coincidence!

During the two days, I declared my first sales role at a booth for one of the best selling products in the company; it was really a tough but an enriching and (surprisingly!)exhilarating time! We managed to sell rather a lot of boxes and even, we used (I think) about 72 boxes simply for sampling purposes alone! Everyone just comes back and takes more, like it was the most excellent health food ever. It was to the extend that even my colleagues from other booths had to help me distribute the samples. It was that exaggerated, but yeah, really splendid!

But well, Singaporeans are like that - When there are free sampling at booths, people will just rush to there to get as much free food as they can! How kiasu, they only aim at freebies, freebies and more freebies! How great. I, myself, even used to be like that when I was younger, but now, no.

On a random side-note, even though this picture is blurred, but I still kindof liked it. I can actually genuinely see the excitement in us! So here's part of it while lazing around after booths have been closed - Christine being the VIP guide, Anthony from the Avance booth, and myself from the Optrimax booth.


That aside, the company functional dinner was really a grand one; speeches from the chairman and group CEO, COO's melodic voice, speeches from many Platinum, Gold and Silver Directors (whom are also distributors) for the company. We even had an 8-course meal, which was rather all right, and even a talent show from Singapore and overseas Asian countries. Really cool huh! I got no pictures though, because I didn't bring my camera there to take such good entertainment, especially remembering the male taiwanese version of Marilyn Monroe who wore boxer shorts and the whole centre aisle seaters saw it! That was really epic, I can even still vividly remember that scene.

The whole convention was really an exhausting time, and having had to work the following day after an intensely exhausting weekend... It really made me and other staff of the company totally shagged and having the feel to just sleep through.

Thank goodness, tomorrow is Vesak Day! This is the day to make up for my lost sleep. ~ Hoho! Enjoy the public holiday, workaholics and studyholics! :DDDDD


Through the whole three weeks of not communicating at all, I've thought of quite a number of causes of this sudden lapse in communication. Normally, we could talk almost every week; we even had last year, specifically before you going for National Service, talking almost every day. But now, we haven't been having much time for each other, nor even having the courage to talk to each other after that Good Friday. The only thing I can do is just watch you from behind our computer screens and pretend nothing's going wrong; because the only thing you know of me is that I've the beautiful smile that you never want me to take off my face.

But I'm getting a little tired, just let me lean against you for that little while at least. I miss you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment